Mon-Fri: 8am to 5:30pm
For small animal emergencies please contact the Emergency Clinic of Waterloo Region at 519-650-1617
For exotic animals please contact the Ontario Veterinary College at 519-823-8830
As the situation with Covid-19 emerges, we continue to monitor the situation closely and act accordingly with Ontario guidelines. We will keep you apprised with regular updates, as well as with any significant changes mandated to our operating procedures. Thank you for your patience during these challenging times. Our Vets and Healthcare Team are here for you & your pets!
The Ontario province-wide shut down comes into effect December 26 at 12:01am and continues, in our area of Southern Ontario, until January 23, 2021. As an essential service our hospital is permitted to continue to provide:
• services that are necessary for the immediate health and welfare of the animal, or
• are provided through curbside pick-up and drop-off of the animal
As requested by the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA), the province has not imposed an “urgent care only” restriction on veterinary services during this shutdown. Veterinary practices can still offer a full range of services, as long as the client does not enter the practice. With respect to grooming services during the shutdown, note that services will be limited to grooming deemed necessary for medical reasons only.
Bridge Street Veterinary Hospital will continue to operate as Curbside only. We request that on arrival you call and speak with a team member. Please indicate the colour and make of your vehicle to ease identifying your location. Due to curbside operations, we appreciate that there may be delays in responding to your call and we will do our best to be as efficient as possible. We ask for your patience.
OUR OPERATING GUIDELINES are as follows:
• All previously communicated team member and patient safety precautions, as well as facility disinfection measures remain in place
• All clients will be verbally screened for Covid-19 prior to any contact. If you are not well, have been in contact with anyone awaiting a Covid-19 test, are being isolated due to Covid-19 for any reason or have travelled outside of Ontario, please wait to visit our hospital.
• All clients are requested to wear a mask at all times
• A pick up table will be utilized for picking up supplies, food or medication. Hand sanitizer will be available on the table. The table will be disinfected regularly. If requested, a team member may place items directly in an open empty trunk; however, they will not be placing items in back seats or closing the trunk hatch of the vehicle
• All dogs must be on a secure leash and all cats and other small patients must be safely secured in a carrier.
• After speaking with a team member, kindly follow their instruction for when to bring your pet to the front and/or side door so that we may admit them in a safe and fear free manner. All dogs with have a secondary safety leash applied. All pets will be directly supervised by a team member for their entire visit with us. At the end or your pet’s appointment, kindly follow the team member’s instruction for picking up your pet at the designated door.
• Please remain available for the Veterinarian or a team member to reach you by phone. If you plan to leave the parking lot, please inform the team member.
OUR METHOD OF PAYMENT is as follows:
We continue to accept contactless payment by Visa, MasterCard and etransfer. Payment is requested at the time that services are performed and/or at the time of picking up food or supplies. This may be done ahead of time when you order supplies for ease of your time management. Please send Etransfers to [email protected]. Etransfers have been set for autodeposit, however if asked to generate a password please use happypets2021. We are working with Moneris to add a remote tablet payment option.
Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation, ongoing support and the opportunity to provide care to your wonderful pets! We look forward to each and every visit and are pleased to be able to continue to do so in a safe way during Covid-19
Take Good Care,
Your dedicated pet-loving vetsonbridge healthcare team!